One Thing: Day 439: Singer / Band Marketing
Day 439: Singer / Band Marketing
Yesterday I was explaining how there is no such thing as a funnel… it’s really a series of cliffs.
Speaking of falling off cliffs…
When this virus is over, I still want some of you to stay away from me.
And, Vanilla Ice…
Remember when you told America if there was a problem, you’d solve it?
Time to make good.
In other news….
Not all storms come to disrupt your life… some come to clear the path.
‘How to Market a Band’
If you’ve ever watched American Idol or The Voice you’ve probably thought to yourself…
‘He/she is going to be famous… what a voice!’
After the show…
Never to hear from them again, despite them playing at clubs and private events for years.
They don’t crack it.
Maybe this is a family member.
Why don’t they crack it… or how do you help an artist crack it?
I get asked either of those with ridiculous consistency.
Artists are renowned for making very little money or getting taken advantage of.
Being a successful artist is about:
No doubt you could work out the ‘talent’ piece…
Marketing… well here are some of the mistakes they consistently make:
- Content content content… They need to put out songs and those songs need to be played online every day (Tik Tok, IG, FB etc…). *If they’re not willing to do a social media post every day singing… they’re not a real artist and they do not have a deep desire to make people feel good through song.
- Every song needs a video… songs with a video get 50 times the playtime on social media.
- Every video needs someone that can act and that’s likely not the band members. The band plays, the singer sings, and the actors act. An ad in the local newspaper and a post on social media will get more than enough takers if they’re any good.
- Professional / hi-quality pics… a picture is worth a thousand words. They need professional pics and every band has a dad, mom, brother, sister, cousin etc… and if they’re Orphans the local university has a class of students looking for camera practice/experience.
- Identity… think of your favorite bands and they have a VERY CLEAR identity. Note: it wasn’t formed on day 1… it’s morphed and that’s OK but it must be formed. Metallica, Elvis, Beatles, Springsteen, Garth Brooks, Michael Jackson, Queen, ACDC, Taylor Swift, GnR etc… all had insanely clear identities.
- That identity needs to be DIFFERENT.
- The lead singer needs to represent that band’s IDENTITY to a T.
- Their clothing… To be cool you need to look cool and therefore their attire MATTERS. The clothes need to be cool and it also need to fit properly and represent the IDENTITY of the band. You’d be amazed at the super cool and trendy clothes you can find in thrift stores and online in places like eBay.
- Reinforce the need for consistent DAILY content on social media.
You may have heard of a kid named Justin Bieber… he was discovered online.
He knew two things mattered:
Now, pick up the phone and go help someone.
Obsessed with your business coaching success,
Karl Bryan aka King Karl
1. Save you from asking… I no longer do interviews. Please don’t ask.
2. I do not do joint ventures. You promote your business and I’ll promote mine.
3. If you want to work with us and my software, click here for a 15-minute call to discuss https://my.timetrade.com/book/KJVHS
4. Please don’t be weird.
PS. The first step to any problem is optimism.
PPS. Marriages break up from lack of money… over lack of love X 100.
Business failures lead to destruction, addiction, depression, anxiety, suicides, and unfortunately, far more.
As good business coaches, we save marriages, save families, save kids from self-destruction… we save lives!
A true-life of purpose.
PPPS. If you’re looking for a proven system to follow for your coaching…. I created business coaching software and high-end step-by-step training to support it…
It’ll teach you ‘How to find any small business owner $100,000 in 45 minutes without them spending an extra dollar on marketing or advertising.’
Imagine finding your annual $12,000 to $50,000 coaching fees BEFORE you started coaching your new clients?! And a proven coaching system created for you to follow with your new coaching client.
Reply to this if you want to start following a proven coaching system.
PPPS. Forward this to someone that needs to subscribe to my daily emails and get a limited time, complimentary subscription to my business coaching magazine go here:
PPPPS. They tell me my Podcast is Ric Flair style, Money Makin, Client Getten, Joint Venture Landing, Event Fillin, High-End Coaching Client Findin Gold For Business Coaches.
Entertaining, Informative, Uncensored, Unedited:
Missed a day? Catch up here.
Karl Bryan gets clients for Business Coaches...period. He is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Six-Figure Coach Magazine and Chairman of Leader Publishing Worldwide, home of the largest private community of Business Coaches (24 countries and counting) in the world.
His goal is straight forward… to help serious coaches/consultants get more clients.