GET MORE COACHING LEADS, HIGHER COACHING CONVERSIONS, & QUICKER RESULTS FOR YOUR CLIENTS.
Join thousands of coaches & consultants and get access to the only magazine dedicated to the success of business coaches.
Kick Start Your Marketing with Adrian Ulsh
The number one “hot button” for small business owners these days is lead generation. Seriously, ask ANY business owner what it is they want most and they will answer MORE LEADS!
More leads means more marketing, but the vast majority of business owners have NO clue how to market their business successfully.
While there are many aspects involved in marketing any business, today let’s discuss the three most important startup marketing tools you need to get… and keep new customers.
- In person: It’s essential you meet with customers / clients in person whenever possible. This shows you respect them. Everything today is being automated, so the business that provides a human touch is generally going to take precedence over their competition. Take the time to work with your clients and when appropriate, give personal attention to each of them.
- Follow up letter: After every meeting, take a moment to send a follow up letter that highlights the benefits you discussed with them, new agreements or partnerships the two of you agreed upon… and to thank them for taking the time to meet with you. Likewise, you should always send thank you letters or small gifts to partners you share success with.
- Follow up Phone call: Follow up with them by phone to confirm the conclusions you reached in your meeting and offer any assistance you can to help their business run smoother and more successfully.
None of these will work if you don’t have a quality product / service to back you up!
Here are the key steps for putting together your startup marketing tools:
- Research potential customers, buyers and competitors and their preferred methods of distribution.
- Talk to potential customers. Take a hard look at your product from your customer’s perspective and see what it needs to be successful.
- Follow up with your 3-step process from above.
- Develop systems for contact follow through, quality control standards and customer service.
- Develop a post-sale follow up system to keep the lines of communication open with customers and build on your current relationship which increases future purchases.
“Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs” Peter Drucker, management consultant
Here’s another one I love from an icon:
“If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.” Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company.
Proper marketing with a dedicated follow up system in place can be transformational for a small business owner.
Create and implement a similar program for your clients and watch their business grow to an entirely new level.
About Adrian Ulsh
Adrian Ulsh is the CEO for Leader Publishing Worldwide, the largest online provider of coaching services worldwide. Adrian currently works with more than 500 coaches in 24 countries advising them on building 6 and 7 figure coaching practices.
Get your complimentary subscription today.
Join thousands of coaches around the globe.